We see the Body of Christ uniting to Transform Yakima—manifesting Heaven on Earth.
Unite, Equip and Activate the Body of Christ to Transform Yakima Together.
- Empower independent local congregations, ministers/ministries, saints, networks, or denominations to become interconnected and in league with others passionate about demonstrating the gospel of the Kingdom with character and supernatural power in the Yakima Valley.
- Establish the government of the Lord in the Valley by equipping leaders to form strategic councils representing all 7 spheres of society and the five-fold ministry, while establishing 24/7/365 prayer, praise, and worship.
- Plant or launch resource centers, schools, city prayer centers, or other auxiliary or ministry expression that supports the advancement of the gospel of the Kingdom.
- Establish or facilitate training programs and courses that support local leaders in their efforts to make disciples that are Kingdom transformers – we will commission and send the equipped while we work to equip the called.
- Empower the Church through a revelation of God’s name as the Lord of Hosts to mobilize as a spiritual army of the Lord to project power and bring about the will of King Jesus in the Valley.
- Publish the gospel of the Kingdom our Lord Jesus Christ through every media possible, including (but not limited to) websites, e-newsletters, magazines, books, video, TV, radio, etc.
- We are committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the primacy of His Kingdom as the transcending reality of both the spiritual and temporal realms and the basis of all unity and efforts within the Body of Christ.
- We are committed to the pursuit of intimacy with God & all He has for us.
- We embrace the identity and destiny God has placed in us through Christ. We believe His people are His transforming Agents going from ‘Glory to Glory’.
- We are committed to an attitude of grace in the body of Christ. Regardless of our differences, we encourage and build each other up.
- We believe the Yakima Valley is called by God to be “A PLACE OF ABUNDANCE WHERE THE KINGDOM COMES TO LIFE!” A region filled with vision, creativity, wholeness, hope, and prosperity – Heaven touching earth!
- We believe now is a Strategic Time that the Lord is calling the people of God to be healed, equipped, taught, empowered, and unified so that they can lead in doing the same for others.
- We believe that everyone has a contribution to make in creating a culture of hope and celebration, where every person and ethnicity has significance and where we respect, love, and honor each other.
Transform Yakima was established in 2013 by several individuals from local churches led by Julie Grove from Grace of Christ Presbyterian. Unfortunately, within a short period of time Julie contracted cancer and had to step down to focus on her health, leading to a temporary pause in the group’s activity.
In 2014 Dennis Crane, a long-time prayer leader in the Yakima Valley from Connections Church, along with others from a group called Pray Yakima began pursuing a course on transformation from the Sentinel Group. The Sentinel Group produced the “Transformation” videos, chronicling the miraculous move of God in cities all over the world.
In the midst of the course, their hearts cried, ‘If it can happen there, then why not Yakima?” In early 2015, Dennis made arrangements for a leader from the Sentinel Group, Larry Lane, to come and speak about transformation at an open meeting.
Shortly before the scheduled meeting, Dennis reconnected with his old friend, Andy Ferguson, who had just returned to the area from being gone for a year and a half on a business assignment. The two quickly rekindled their common passion for the things of the Lord, particularly their desire to see real transformation come to the Yakima Valley. Continue reading Our Story.
According to the US Census Bureau (2015), there are an estimated 250,000 people in the Yakima County and it will take a multi-team, multi-church, multi-ministry, and multi-ethnic effort to bring about Kingdom change. Transform Yakima Together was given a strategy to establish service teams that would begin to pray into and develop divinely-guided methods of reaching into the “7 Mountains” of society in Yakima.
Twelve teams are envisioned for the group (Organizational Chart), seven of which are currently functioning – Prayer, Faith & Family, Ministries & Services, Government, Education, Church Leadership, and Business. (Click here to see our Teams.)
The teams are moving forward with diverse methods as led by the Lord and they are beginning to make an impact on the Valley. Each team is praying for others to join in, bringing the gifts and passions that the Lord has given each member of His Body for the edification of all.