“I have filled him with the spirit of God, giving him great wisdom, ability, and expertise in all kinds of crafts. He is a master craftsman, expert in working…” Exodus 31:3-4
Kingdom Business Team
The business team consists of business leaders from across the spectrum of the Christian community, the Church in the region, coming together to pray into, develop and execute strategies to impact their city, county or state for the Kingdom through business. The Business Team meets monthly for a “Kingdom Business Lunch“. Here are some suggestions as to what some strategies could be:
Create and promote a network of “member” businesses that agree to conduct themselves as Kingdom Businesses that will:
- Operate in complete integrity in business by providing products and services that bring true value to their customers at a fair price.
- Provide a safe and positive environment for their employees that encourages and enables them to grow as individuals and increase their capacity to contribute to the Company, their families, and their communities.
- Recognize the “church” within the Company’s walls and facilitate its function by training and ministering to them as such, including providing meaningful opportunities for service in the name of Christ.
- Business innovation. Sponsoring business plan competitions with seed capital awards for the best of the competition. Other ways to encourage new businesses and new ideas within your community.
- Business support services. Helping young (and older) entrepreneurs create and run more efficient and effective businesses through education and coaching. It could also include offering essential services such as accounting, tax advice, human resource support, insurances, webmaster services, and technical support for internet and computer issues. This could also include a free monthly forum where business issues are presented and discussed.
- Business training for employees so that there is a better class of workers available for businesses.
- Community development. Combining resources of some or all of the Kingdom businesses within a geographical region (city, county, state) to take on projects that benefit the community in the name of Christ. This might mean revitalizing an old shopping center, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, creating a “tiny house” community for the homeless, or building a new aquatic center in conjunction with the YMCA.
We know that there are other organizations that do some similar things but we believe Christian leaders should not only be at the forefront of this effort, we ought to be able to openly be Kingdom minded about what we do. So, even though we believe Kingdom objectives can be accomplished by non-Christian organizations, we believe it is important that Kingdom strategists are able to get together to pray and consider what the Father’s heart is for their community and then take that out into the marketplace through various channels, including these other service organizations.
God’s heart for cities includes prosperity.
Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.’” Jeremiah 33:9.
This prosperity is most likely to come through the business community and is, therefore, a critical element in God’s plan of restoring His Kingdom on the earth. This is part of Transformation. And, we are believing for TOTAL transformation that impacts every area of society, including economics and business.
We are believing for a movement of God so powerful that the signs and wonders are going to bring thousands of people into the Body of Christ. We believe that God is going to activate and release His people within Yakima to impact our culture. We believe this will include new inventions and new businesses that represent the Kingdom and the heart of the Father. We believe that this will mean Christian leaders have stepped up in servant leadership to build up others in business and to bring solutions to their community so that the “city rejoices because of the righteous. Christian leaders will no longer be content to let whoever or whatever direct things and let them go the way of the world.
We are claiming that Yakima is a city of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, because the Bible says that the government, including business is upon His shoulders, and it will not end. In fact, it will keep increasing until it fills the whole earth. (see Daniel 2) So, let’s not make any mistake about it, King Jesus is asking us whether we are going to serve Him, or serve Caesar, and Caesar is asking us the same question. We as Christians have been relegated to silence and ineffectiveness for far too long. We have agreed with the statement that our religion is personal and private and is, therefore, irrelevant in the terms of impacting government and business, and so on and so forth. I say that that has to end. That it is time, as Christians, to step up, and honor our King, who is the true Governor of this world, and do things as He would do them. So, let’s make business one of the most impactful strategies for the Kingdom of God.
Monthly Kingdom Business Luncheon
121 No. Fair Avenue
Yakima, WA 98908
Join Us the 3rd Wednesday of each month at noon.