What are they?
Transform Yakima Together’s first two Tiny Homes for Yakima County’s homeless are the collaborative effort of the faith community, volunteers, private donors, corporate sponsors, and Yakima Valley Conference of Governments (YVCOG).
Our Tiny Homes are a low-cost solution to add much-needed affordable housing in Yakima County and serve as supportive transitional housing for those experiencing homelessness due to a variety of reasons (i.e. job loss, medical crisis, domestic violence).
The Tiny Homes are 10’×20′ fully-insulated structures, complete with a mini-kitchen, full bathroom, and electricity. They comfortably house homeless individuals, couples, or small families with one to two children for a two-year residency limit. Residents have access to Camp Hope’s care management team and services.
Unique to our program, the Tiny Homes are placed on church properties, allowing the congregation to support residents with no requirement of religious participation. This extra layer of support is vital to our residents’ success in rebuilding their lives and is historic in Yakima County. To our knowledge, placing Tiny Homes for the homeless on church properties has never been done before in Yakima Valley.
Check out our video to learn more about Camp Hope and Tiny Homes:
Thanks to KIMA for their July 20th, 2018 coverage of our Tiny Homes. Click here for the article.
Over the 2017-18 school year, YV-Tech construction students helped build our first two homes, which were finished on-site at Terrace Heights Assembly by volunteers and local contractor, Taylor & Son Construction.
Our corporate sponsors:
- Integrity Wealth Advisors – Todd & Lisa Homer
- Helliesen Lumber & Supply Co., Inc.
- Don Jordan Energy Systems, Inc.
Our dedicated volunteers:
- YV-Tech construction students
- Todd & Lisa Homer’s team from Integrity Wealth Advisors
- Jerry Kobes’s team from Faith Alive Church
- Bryan Stauffer & Larry Smith’s team from Spirit Alive Wesleyan Church
- Don Foster & the endless support of Terrace Heights Assembly
How can I help?
Now that the homes are built, we are looking for those that want to:
- Donate Items: Help gather or purchase our wishlist below.
- Donate Funds: Sponsor the maintenance and upkeep of a Tiny Home and its family.
- Sponsor a Site: Let us know if your church would like to host a Tiny Home on its property.
To help, contact our office – (509) 426-2929, email@example.com.
- Twin-size trundle bed – frame & mattresses (as of 10/3/18)
To donate, contact our office – (509) 426-2929, firstname.lastname@example.org.